Member of the Month: Kevin V. Mincey, Esquire, Partner, Mincey Fitzpatrick LLC
• What are you currently working on?
Everything. Preparing for a major criminal trial in Erie this August. Litigating a variety civil cases here in Philly and the surrounding counties. Managing the day to day operations at the firm and handling my duties as Chair of the Board of Governors for the Philadelphia Bar Association.
• What do you enjoy most about being a member of the Barristers’ Association of Philadelphia?
I love the relationships I’ve been able to build over the years and the opportunities for growth through leadership that you get by being an active member.
• What has been the most important personal attribute in your legal career?
Self confidence. Once you’ve consulted with your people and researched the issue you have to unshakeable trust in yourself that you will make the best decision and do what is best for your client.
• Tell us about what you do every day at work?
Everyday is different but most start before 6am. I usually deal with some type of criminal matter in the morning then I handle my management duties in the early afternoon before turning my attention to civil litigation and preparation for any criminal matters I have the next day.
• If you hit the lottery tonight, where could we find you tomorrow?
You will find me at work. I have a lot of clients who depend on me and I would never leave them hanging. You might find me searching vacation destinations on my phone though.
• What has been your favorite moment of your career so far?
I’ve been blessed with many positive moments and victories so far in my career. Best I could do is narrow it down to receiving the Pro Bono Award from the Philadelphia Bar Foundation for running the Expungement Clinic and winning a murder trial with Fitz this past February for a juvenile client who was truly defending himself.
• What is the most important of advice you can give members of the Barristers?
Be active in your membership. Be bold with your ideas. Stop waiting for someone else to fix a problem. Be the solution.
*If you are interested in nominating a Barrister for Member of the Month, please email your nomination with a few sentences describing the individual’s merit to email@example.com.