May Member of the Month: MacDonald P. Taylor, Jr.
Elder Victim Advocate; SeniorLAW Center
1. Tell us briefly what a typical work day is like for you.
A typical day for me is doing an intake with a senior that has experienced some form of victimization, advocating for seniors and educating seniors on elder abuse and financial exploitation.
2. What do you enjoy most about your job?
3. What do you enjoy most about being a member of the Barristers’ Association of Philadelphia?
What I enjoy the most about being a Barrister is the fact we support one another and our community in a field that at one time we could not work in.
4. What do you believe has been your most important personal attribute in your legal career?
I would say my most important attribute in my legal career is being committed.
5. What has been the best moment of your career thus far?
The best moment in my career thus far is being able to assist and be part of the team that brings some form of justice to victims.
6. If you hit the lottery tonight, where could we find you tomorrow?
You would find me in the Philadelphia Area working with returning citizen’s and reentry.
7. What artists are you listening to now?
Kirk Franklin and Meek Mills
8. What is your favorite restaurant in the Philadelphia area?
Ruth Chris Steak House.
9. If you had a chance to give out your own award, who would you recognize?
Kevin Mincey and Amber Racine.
10. What advice would you give to members of the Barristers?
Take advantage of the resources within the Barrister’s, be committed to the organization, and serve.