Member of the Month: J. Amanda Carmona, Campbell Conroy & O’Neil
- Tell us briefly what a typical work day is like for you.
My practice centers around defending products liability, utility, and insurance defense cases. One of the things I enjoy about my job is the wide range of work that I get to do. A typical day for me could involve legal writing and research, court appearances, attending depositions, or attending inspections.
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
I enjoy working with our diverse client base which varies from large corporations to small business owners. I also enjoy the investigative legal work that often takes me out of the office.
- What do you enjoy most about being a member of the Barristers’ Association of Philadelphia?
The Barristers Association puts on fantastic events, which are often a source of inspiration for me. Being a member of the Barristers Association also gives me the opportunity to interact with and learn from other diverse attorneys across Philadelphia.
- What do you believe has been your most important personal attribute in your legal career?
Being thoughtful and personable have been indispensable attributes in my legal career.
- What has been the best moment of your career thus far?
In my short career as a litigation Associate, I’ve treasured many experiences and opportunities. Most recently, I had the opportunity to attend the 2019 International Association of Defense Counsel (“IADC”) trial academy. During this week long training, I learned from seasoned defense trial attorneys from across the nation.
- If you hit the lottery tonight, where could we find you tomorrow?
In the office of my Financial Advisor.
- What artists are you listening to now?
- What is your favorite restaurant in the Philadelphia area?
- If you had a chance to give out your own award, who would you recognize?
My mother. I wouldn’t be where I am today without her support, encouragement and prayers.
- What advice would you give to members of the Barristers?
Get involved. Go to Barristers Events and meet other members. Participate in service events and give back to your community. You won’t regret it.